2016 Peace Day Dallas
This is the third annual recognition of Peace Day Dallas, which was established in 2014 to help celebrate the United Nations' International Day of Peace observed annually every September 21.
Peace Day Dallas will host a variety of events using the universals of fine art, music, sports, food and dance as a mechanism for connectivity. Each event will showcase the efforts of individuals, groups and organizations that work to make Dallas a place of peace.
In order to encourage the community to model peace year round, all participants at this year's Peace Day Dallas events will be asked to sign 29 Pieces' "Respect Pledge" that challenges individuals to commit to respecting all people and their beliefs, to value all voices, and to work toward a better tomorrow even if it means a more difficult today. The full pledge, which has been signed by Mayor Rawlings and the Dallas City Council, can be found and signed electronically on the Peace Day Dallas website.
Schedule of activities:
- Symposium and Candle Lighting Ceremony
- International Fun Festival City Hall Plaza
- Zumba Dance with International Music and D.J.
- Partner-Dallas Holocaust Museum-Center for Education and Tolerance
- Peace Day Dallas-Vickery Meadow Community International "Sharing" Festival
- Peace Day Dallas Arboretum
- Dallas Awareness and Adventure App Tour with some DISD students
- Closing Ceremony and Music Celebration at the Meyerson