Social Venture Partners Dallas, United Way of Metropolitan Dallas and The Dallas Foundation will host bigBANG!, an annual daylong conference designed to raise awareness and engage the community on critical social issues facing North Texas.
Dallas has the worst poverty rate for children in a city with more than 1 million people. Now in its fifth year, bigBANG! 2014 will focus its spotlight on effective efforts to reverse the effects of poverty on children and on the social innovators working to eradicate its root causes.
Scheduled presenters include:
• Mike Rawlings, Mayor of Dallas
• Peter Buffett, Musician, Author and Philanthropist
• Michelle Kinder, Executive Director, Momentous Institute
• Michael Sorrell, President, Paul Quinn College
• Courtney Collins, KERA 90.1 FM, Emcee