LuminArte Fine Art Gallery presents New Horizons Opening Reception
LuminArté Fine Art Gallery will present the New Horizons exhibit, featuring represented artists Gina Rossi, Motte Thomas, Mark Bueno, Scott Eakin, and Leanne Venire. Each is innately inspired by nature in the creation of their works, and has thematic elements which blend together creative perception of the mind with the physical spaces in current or past natural surroundings.
- Gina Rossi – “Nature is her church.” “Brushes are her prayers.” “When she paints, Gina searches for the essential nature of reality.” The artistic creation is the metamorphosis of that reality. Gina is known for her abstracts and beautiful landscape paintings.
- Motte Thomas' works feature gently woven strokes, translucent colors, and a blend of various anthropomorphic shapes. Motte is known for his use of encaustic wax and oil mediums.
- Mark Bueno is known for his “ghost light” work, creating beautifully patterned/colored circular pieces showing the interconnectedness of body, soul, and nature.
- Scott Eakin's art reflects the complexity and beauty found in the material world; his structural works create a collage between his familial relationship with farmers and builders and the multitude of natural colors, tones, and sizes used in “construction.”
- Leanne Venier is an award-winning artist, engineer and expert in the science of color and sound. Her abstract works deal with the exploration of consciousness and healing in oil painting.
- Artyce Colen’s wooden constructions strike as an interpretation of the time and place we live, with intermingled ambiguities surrounding opposing and supporting energies and forces in nature.
Following the opening reception, the exhibit will be on display through August 27.