Mary Kay Women's Entrepreneurship Summit
The Mary Kay Women's Entrepreneurship Summit will feature a light breakfast followed by morning keynote speaker, Gloria Mayfield Banks, internationally renowned motivational speaker and No. 1 U.S. ranked Mary Kay Independent Elite Executive National Sales Director. Attendees will then select from a menu of breakout sessions, which have been customized for entrepreneurs of all ages and stages and will include case studies, how to’s and tools to take your company to the next level. A seated luncheon will feature an inspiring keynote speaker, to be announced.
Throughout the day, unprecedented mentorship opportunities and networking will help broaden participants’ knowledge and expertise, and the first-ever “Pink Tank” will provide the opportunity for pre-selected participants to fast pitch their business ideas for seed funding from The DEC.
The day will conclude with a “Champs and Candy” reception featuring sweets from Make Your Life Sweeter.
Confirmed breakout sessions and speakers include:
- Why Women Make Great Entrepreneurs: Amber Venz Box, RewardStyle and Valerie Freeman, Imprimis Group
- 10 Questions You Need To Answer Before You Become An Entrepreneur: Shama Hyder, Marketing Zen; and Yasmeen Tadia, Make Your Life Sweeter
- How To Build the Best Team For Success: Sheryl Chamberlain, Cap Gemini; Kristi Libby, S.W.C./SoCu; and Jill Scigliano, Dallas Entrepreneur Center
- Customer Development: How To Find And Grow Customers: Melissa Youngblood, LCC Management Consulting
- Building Your Brand: Heather Capps, HCK2; Holly Mason, Mason Baronet; and Jessica Nunez, True Point;
- Fundraising: How To Fund Your Business: Julia Taylor Cheek, Everly; Louise Kee, Golden Seeds; Cynthia Nevels, Integrality; and Cristin Thomas, Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
Pink Tank judges include Mary Kay Inc. Chief Marketing Officer Sheryl Adkins-Green; Abe Minkara, director of business development for Mark Cuban Companies; and, fashion designer and CEO Abi Ferrin.