Sixth Floor Museum 25th Anniversary Celebration
25 years after opening its core exhibit, “John F. Kennedy and the Memory of a Nation,” the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza will commemorate how far it has come and its transformation from a short-term exhibit into one of the city’s most significant and visited historical sites.
The Museum will kick off its yearlong commemoration of the milestone with a day of special presentations and offerings, including:
- The Museum’s Dealey Plaza cell phone tour will be offered free with Museum admission
- Associate Curator Stephen Fagin will present a history of the Museum based on his recent book, Assassination and Commemoration: JFK, Dallas and The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza, at 11 am; a book signing will follow.
- Curator Gary Mack will present “From Outsider to Insider,” an inside look at the early days of The Sixth Floor Museum, followed by a Q&A, at 2 pm.
- Videos highlighting the Museum’s collections, its ongoing Oral History Project and upcoming Living History programs will be shown throughout the afternoon beginning at 12 pm.
- The Museum’s Reading Room will be open to the public between 1 and 3 pm showcasing some of its many research resources.
- Guests can enter to win one of two Museum Anniversary Gift Baskets, to be given away at noon and 3 pm.
- All guests are invited to enjoy anniversary cake in the Museum Store + Café (across from the Museum at 501 Elm Street) at 3 pm, while supplies last.
All presentations will take place on the Museum’s seventh floor and are included with Museum admission. No purchase is necessary to enter the gift basket drawings.