Walk For Wishes 2016
The 11th Annual Walk For Wishes® DFW is a 5k and 1 mile Fun Walk where participants, wish kids, and volunteers take big strides to make more wishes come true. Every dollar raised from this fun-filled event will go to fulfilling the wishes of our North Texas children.
In an effort to support wish kids fighting their life-threatening medical conditions, this year Make a Wish North Texas is challenging you to be a hero to our local kids, and to come out dressed as your favorite hero. So find your best hero outfit, put together a team and be part of an event that brings hope, strength, and joy to the lives of North Texas children who have been diagnosed with a life-threatening medical condition.
Walk For Wishes DFW Perks:
- Complimentary food and beverages before and after the Walk
- A healthy 5k walk through Uptown Dallas (1 mile route option is available)
- Team photo opportunity
- Individual and team prizes/incentives will be awarded
- Prize given to team with the best team t-shirt
- Kids' Zone that includes face painting, games, a bounce house, petting zoo and more.
- Joy, knowing YOU have helped make wishes come true in North Texas.
What to expect at Walk For Wishes DFW:
- Each registered walker will receive a Walk For Wishes DFW shirt at check-in, along with their wristband which will grant you access to enjoy all of the event's festivities.
The Walk will not be officially timed, but you are more than welcome to still run. You just have to start at the front of the line and feel free to time yourself.