There are dozens of reasons why living at the AMLI Design District is awesome. But if the list must be narrowed down, these five definitely stand out:
1. Gold and green. Did you know that the AMLI Design District is LEED Gold Certified? Not only that, but the apartment community offers a recycling program that diverts 73 percent of waste from landfills.
There are sustainable landscaping techniques that have resulted in a 20 percent reduction of water use. Inside, Energy Star appliances populate the apartments, and fresh air ventilation is widely available. Bicyclist have secure storage for their wheels, while electric car owners get charging stations. Public transportation is close by, but the neighborhood has also been rated as very walkable by WalkScore.com.
2. Top ’hoods. So you’re out and about walking, but where are you going? The short answer is anywhere you want, as AMLI Design District is close to Dallas’ hottest areas. Obviously the Design District is immediate, giving residents easy access to funky bars and restaurants (like Meddlesome Moth or Ascension Coffee), unique entertainment (anyone feel like hitting up the vintage lanes at Bowlounge?), and scores of inspiring design and décor shops and showrooms.
The popular nightlife mecca Uptown is just a little north, along with Knox-Henderson and its main drag of eateries. Head a little south and east and you’ll hit Bishop Arts District, the food and entertainment destination on some of Dallas’ most historic streets. And just across the bridge is Trinity Groves, a restaurant wonderland that truly has something for everyone.
3. Free is good. During July, there’s a move-in promotion where you can get up to one month of rent free. On the house. Absolutely gratis. Of course, you’ll have to see a leasing professional for details, but that seems like a pretty solid reason to start packing your stuff and heading to the AMLI.
4. Splish splash. You may have heard a thing or two about AMLI Design District’s pool, and with good reason: It’s awesome. The infinity edge saltwater pool sits atop the building’s roof, looking out over the Dallas skyline, and also comes with a 100-inch outdoor movie screen, four barbecue grills, multiple cabanas equipped with iPod docking stations, fire pits for chilly nights, and lush tropical landscaping.
5. Party time. AMLI Design District is helping to host the CultureMap Country Club on August 3. The epic — and free! — shindig will have complimentary booze and bites from El Bolero, Oak, and Pakpao Thai, with popsicles from GoodPop.
There will be mini golf and manicures, along with bocce ball provided by Major League Bocce, while DJ Blake Ward spins tunes. Reserve your spot here beginning July 15.