If you're making plans for New Year's Eve or New Year's Day and transportation is a factor, then you'll want to read about the special schedules for Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) and the Trinity Railway Express (TRE). They're also adding service, with extra-late hours, to accommodate travel to and from the Big D NYE event at Victory Park.
Wednesday, December 31
DART buses and the TRE operate on a regular weekday schedule, but an extra westbound TRE train leaves 20 minutes after the Big D NYE fireworks at Victory Station.
DART Rail has a regular weekday schedule until midnight. Trains then run every 30 minutes until 2 am. Two-car trains operate on the Red, Orange and Blue lines with three-car trains on the Green Line.
The last scheduled DART trains leaving the Big D NYE event are as follows:
- Red Line to Parker Road departs West End at 2:14 am.
- Red Line to Westmoreland departs West End at 2:18 am.
- Blue Line to Downtown Rowlett departs West End at 2:17 am.
- Blue Line to Ledbetter departs West End at 2:16 am.
- Orange Line to Parker Road departs Victory at 1:57 am.
- Orange Line to DFW Airport departs Victory at 2:05 am.
- Green Line to North Carrollton/Frankford departs Victory at 2:29 am.
- Green Line to Buckner departs Victory at 2:02 am.
Thursday, January 1
DART buses and light rail operate on a Sunday schedule, but there is no TRE service.
DART Paratransit operates on Sunday schedule. Regular subscription trips are canceled on New Year's Day, and the scheduling center is closed.
Customers needing service for New Year's Eve should begin calling Monday, December 29. Customers needing service New Year's Day should begin calling Tuesday, December 30. On New Year's Day, next-day scheduling will be accepted using the voicemail booking system and DART's automated booking feature, X-Press Booking. Customers should call 214-515-7272 and choose option 3 to schedule their trip(s).
On New Year's Day, DART administrative offices are closed. DART's customer information center at 214-979-1111 will be open from 6 am-8 pm on New Year's Eve and 8 am-5 pm on New Year's Day.