Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Is this Highland Park baseball star a rapist? Ryan Romo, 18, was arrested on October 29 for sexual assault of a child. In recorded phone calls, he admitted to having sex with a fellow Highland Park High School student on October 28 after a Ghostland Observatory concert at the Palladium Ballroom. This story generated a host of comments and spawned several other articles in local media.
2. Chef Jason Boso to commandeer new food truck park on Lower Greenville. There's a reason senior editor Teresa Gubbins has the nickname "Scoop." Boso was tasked by landlord Madison Partners with creating a restaurant hub around which the food truck park will revolve. Boso will not only oversee the food truck operation, but he'll also open a restaurant on-site.
3. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 hot restaurants for November. In her monthly roundup of hot new restaurants, Gubbins calls out Stampede 66, FT33 and Seasons 52, among others. Numbers are so hot right now.
4. Chef changes, open doors and other hot Dallas restaurant news. Gubbins has the skinny on happenings at The Grape; Acme F&B; and Kahlo Restaurante, a Tex-Mex place with no relation to Frida. Read and be informed.
5. A stampede 850 strong gets taste of new hot spot by Stephan Pyles. What's better than fine dining? Fine dining on the social scene. As associate editor Rachael Abrams says, Stephan Pyles knows how to cook — but he can also throw a grand party.