Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. New owner of Dallas bar on Ross Avenue puts the neighborhood first. A cool location near downtown Dallas that has been home to two restaurant-bars has a new owner who vows to give the space the TLC it deserves. The bar is Ross & Hall, at 3300 Ross Ave., a unique old building that was respectfully renovated by property owner Ben Schwartz.
2. Meet 6 wealthy Texans who, like Jerry Jones, set sail in swanky yachts. Dallas billionaire Jerry Jones isn’t the only wealthy Texan who belongs to the yacht club. Other millionaires and billionaires from the Lone Star State are in the same luxury boat.
3. Dallas sisters' fast-growing jewelry line charms stores around the country. Dallas sisters Samantha Nicole DeVito and Taylor Leigh Kurz never intended to launch a business. The creative duo began making jewelry as a hobby in 2015. Four years later, their line is carried in more than 70 stores across the country.
4. Downtown Dallas scores new wine-centric restaurant marketplace. Downtown Dallas makes a major score with the arrival of a new chef-driven market with prepared food to go. Cibo Divino, the beloved restaurant and wine-centric marketplace in the Sylvan Thirty center, will open a second location, on the ground floor of Bryan Tower, at 2001 Bryan St.
5. All the Dallas-Fort Worth hot spots with special deals for furloughed federal workers. As the partial shutdown of federal government continues, a number of businesses around Dallas-Fort Worth are offering discounts and/or free admission for furloughed workers. Here is a list of businesses that have already announced deals; more deals will added as they come up.