Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. New Dallas doughnut shop rings up hot mini-doughnuts made to order. Dallas will soon be home to a new kind of doughnut shop, specializing in mini-doughnuts with fillings and toppings, custom-made right before your eyes. Called The Dapper Doughnut, it's a chain from Las Vegas whose first DFW location will open at the Galleria Dallas in mid-February.
2. 3 rallies in downtown Dallas likely to cause a traffic car-tastrophe. Downtown Dallas promises to be a crazy cluster on Saturday, January 20, when three groups will take to the streets with peaceful rallies and marches. In response, the city will close off numerous streets around the Central Business District.
3. 8 top spring charitable events every good Dallas socialite must attend. The spring social season is gearing up to be another one for the record books. Although this list is just scratching the surface of spring's special socials, we know that these particular events will be the talk of the town long after they come to an end, thanks to the fantastic fashion, enchanting entertainment, and most importantly, the money raised for the beloved beneficiaries.
4. Limited-edition menus add urgency to January's Dallas restaurant news. January can be a sleepy month in restaurant news, but not in Dallas, and not right now. We're enjoying a bounty of new restaurants, new menus, new dishes, and new cocktails. Here's the latest happenings in Dallas dining.
5. This affordable Dallas neighborhood has it all, real estate experts say. Prospective homebuyers in search of a neighborhood that "has it all" should look no further than Dallas' Cadillac Heights. That's according to Redfin's 2018 list of the 25 neighborhoods in the U.S. that have everything a buyer wants: affordable homes, lots of inventory, good schools, an easy commute, and low crime.