Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Kiss one of Dallas’ most romantic fine-dining restaurants goodbye. Fine-dining restaurant Bijoux, named one of the 10 hottest new restaurants in America by Bon Appétit in 2007, will close on February 28. “Bijoux's run has exceeded all of our expectations and wildest dreams,” co-owner Scott Gottlich said in a release.
2. Where busy Dallasites go for no-hassle healthy meals that taste great. Dallas has a new wave of better-for-you dining options, and standbys like Eatzi’s and Central Market offer pre-packaged options geared toward calorie-counters or carb-watchers. But we also need operations that specialize in preparing healthy and delicious meals for us to eat at home or on the go.
3. Where to book a romantic dinner for 2 in Dallas on Valentine's Day 2015. We don’t put much stock in Hallmark holidays like Valentine’s Day, but we’re always up for dinner out at one of our many local restaurants. Here's a list of places where you can get romantic or just get dinner on February 14.
4. Dallasites take Grease theme seriously at Birthday Party Project bash. You know an organization’s legit when it throws a theme party and every single guest shows up in costume. Such was the case at the third anniversary fête for the Birthday Party Project, which tapped Todd Events to transform Sixty Five Hundred into the Rydell High School gym for a Grease-inspired bash.
5. Hipster Dallas spots turn anti-straw thing into hot local trend. Two Dallas restaurants have boosted a growing trend by scrapping plastic straws. BrainDead Brewing, a craft beer brewpub coming soon to Deep Ellum, will not offer straws with drinks. And Dallas Grilled Cheese Company is using straws made from paper.