Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Big restaurant openings top off this helping of Dallas dining news. We have news of some high-profile restaurant openings, new lunches, new menus, and quirky new dishes. If you're hungry for Dallas restaurant news, you've come to the right place.
2. Newly constructed Dallas home looks straight out of a design magazine. Located in the tony Devonshire neighborhood, the 4,441-square-foot modern beauty at 5634 Stanford Ave. is straight out of an interior design magazine, filled with unique features befitting its $1.499 million price tag.
3. Trendy Dallas sandwich shop shuts down banh mi party for SMU crowd. The banh mi landscape in Dallas took a big hit: Banh Shop, the fast-casual Vietnamese restaurant on SMU Boulevard, closed on January 28.
4. 5 Dallas fitness instructors to motivate you in 2017. Has all that motivation to get healthy in 2017 already waned? Then let us introduce your new saviors. We found the most upbeat and inspiring fitness instructors (who also have the best dance moves) to get you surpassing those health goals.
5. Dallas Summer Musicals blows us all away with Hamilton and other Broadway hits. Dallas Summer Musicals announced its 2017-18 season, along with two shows from the 2018-19 season, and it's a major turnaround from years past. Broadway hits such as Waitress, School of Rock, The Color Purple, Les Miserables, and Disney's The Lion King populate the list, but the real coup is that the blockbuster musical Hamilton is slated to play the Music Hall at Fair Park the season after, along with Disney's Aladdin.