Two of the most popular loud music bands will join forces in summer 2019 on an epic cross-country tour, with a stop in the Dallas area: Coheed and Cambria, the modern progressive rock band, and heavy rock titans Mastodon will embark on The Unheavenly Skye Tour, making a stop on July 3 at Toyota Music Factory in Irving.
The 26-city trek will see the bands perform across a range of venues, from theaters to larger outdoor amphitheaters.
Coheed and Cambria will be performing in support of their new album, The Unheavenly Creatures. Possibly even better: Mastodon will perform their renowned 2009 album Crack the Skye in its entirety.
Hardcore band Every Time I Die will support on all dates.
Mastodon is considered one of the most respected and influential bands of their generation. The Atlanta quartet formed in 2000 and is known for intricate lyrical conceptual odyssies interwoven with dynamic virtuosity. Emperor Of Sand, their eighth and current studio album marks their fourth consecutive album to enter the Billboard Top 200 Album charts in the Top Ten.
They received Grammy nominations in 2007, 2014, and 2015. They've dabbled in film music including songs for Academy Award-winning comedy The Big Short, animated blockbuster Monsters University, and sci-fi western Jonah Hex for which the group composed the score.
After contributing a song to HBO's Game of Thrones, drummer Brann Dailor, guitarist Brent Hinds, and guitarist Bill Kelliher appeared as wildlings in two episodes of the show.
The Heavenly Skye tour kicks off in Louisville on May 28, and will make stops in Boston, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, and more.
The Irving date will be the final stop on the tour.
Tickets go on sale to the general public beginning February 15 at 10 am at LiveNation.com. An artist presale will be available from February 13 at 10 am through February 14th at 10 pm. Like a little Valentine's Day gift.
Tour dates are as follows:
- May 28, Louisville, Iroquois Amphitheater
- May 29, Columbus, Ohio, Express Live! Outdoor Amphitheatre
- May 31, Atlanta, Coca-Cola Roxy
- June 01, Simpsonville, South Carolina, CCNB Amphitheatre at Heritage Park Simpsonville
- June 02, Baltimore, MECU Pavilion
- June 04, Asbury Park, New Jersey, Stone Pony Summer Stage
- June 06, Boston, Rockland Trust Bank Pavilion
- June 07, New York, Ford Amphitheater at Coney Island Boardwalk
- June 08, Camden, New Jersey, BB&T Pavilion
- June 10, Pittsburgh, Stage AE – Outdoors
- June 11, Detroit, Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill
- June 13, Council Bluffs, Iowa, Harrah's Council Bluffs - Stir Cove
- June 14, Chicago, Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island
- June 15, Minneapolis, The Armory
- June 18, Kansas City, Missouri, Starlight Theatre
- June 19, Denver, Fillmore Auditorium
- June 20, Salt Lake City, The Great Saltair
- June 22, Seattle, Marymoor
- June 23, Portland, Theater of the Clouds at Moda Center
- June 25, San Francisco, The Masonic
- June 26, San Diego, Petco Park - Park at the Park
- June 28, Las Vegas, The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas
- June 29, Los Angeles, Greek Theatre
- June 30, Phoenix, Nevada, Comerica Theatre
- July 02, Austin, Austin360 Amphitheater
- July 03, Irving, The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory
Coheed and Cambria's The Unheavenly Creatures came out in October 2018, and debuted at #1 on Billboard's Hard Rock Albums chart, as well as the Top 15 on the Billboard 200 chart. Boasting 15 songs over 78 minutes, the album marked Coheed and Cambria's return to concept albums.