Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Drunk driver kills 34-year-old woman in Uptown Dallas. Emily Gabrielle Javadi, a vibrant 34-year-old entrepreneur who’d started her own cake-pop business, was struck by a speeding car and killed on February 10 in Uptown Dallas. Her many friends and family will celebrate her life at two services on February 14.
2. Husband-and-wife team play out HGTV fantasies with Far North Dallas fixer upper. The home at 7745 La Manga Dr. was built in 1969, but you’d never know it after a recent facelift turned the pier-and-beam rambler into a must-have for today’s buyer. It was so well done, in fact, that it was under contract (list price $360,000) before it was completed.
3. Seventeen crops to plant in North Texas right now to guarantee vegetable bounty. Although most garden crops can’t be planted until the threat of frost has passed, there are several that endure cold weather. In fact, many require a few weeks of chilling hours in order to develop their best flavor or produce a harvest at all.
4. These Dallas nightclubs rake in the cash like the best in the U.S. Las Vegas, Miami and New York City might be the country’s nightclub meccas, but according to a new report, Dallas’ discotheque scene is bringing in some serious money. Seven local clubs rank among the top 100 in America based on revenue.
5. These are the Dallas houses you can buy right now for $350,000 or less. Last year was one of the best ever for home sales in Texas, and 2015 is shaping up to be another winner. That said, buying a house can be stressful and expensive. We surveyed the current real estate market for listings priced at $350,000 or less in Dallas proper.