Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Dallas designer's dreamy Lakewood home hits market for less than $1 million. Dallas interior designer Ashley Bell’s Lakewood home is up for grabs — and you’ll want everything in it. The house itself features meticulous updates, but we promise, you’ll be just as taken with all of the trappings as you are with the home’s beautiful bones.
2. New Plano sweet shop SnoTea will do all the cool exotic desserts. If you're in Plano having a salad at Snappy Salads, being all virtuous, then you can follow that up with a visit to the shop next door called SnoTea. Located at 5930 W. Park Blvd., just east of the Dallas North Tollway, this new sweet shop will open in March with all the cool dessert trends: bubble tea, shaved snow, and crepes, all in one convenient location.
3. Epic new food park at Billingsley ranch draws A+ Dallas restaurateurs. A trendy new food park featuring some of Dallas' culinary rock stars is in the works, in what promises to be an epic setting. Called The Shacks, it will debut in April at Austin Ranch, the master-planned community by the Billingsley Company in The Colony, one mile west of the North Dallas Tollway and just south of SH 121.
4. Green grocer on Dallas' Greenville Avenue calls it quits for real. After giving it just about every shot in the world, Green Grocer, the Greenville Avenue health food store, is closing for good. The last day of business at the retail store will be Sunday, February 26, from 10 am-4 pm.
5. Real estate authority declares this Dallas suburb the second hottest in U.S. The Dallas-Fort Worth suburb of Wylie/St. Paul is about to get a big reputation. Realtor.com has named it the No. 2 suburban hot spot among the country’s 50 largest metro areas.