Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Dallas drivers are about to see a big shift in downtown traffic. The Horseshoe project includes the expansion, repaving, and addition of several new bridges and roadways along interstates 30 and 35E, and the construction of the new Margaret McDermott Bridge over I-30. It has resulted in a few changes to the way traffic accesses northbound I-35E from the westbound I-30 main lanes.
2. These Dallas-Fort Worth billionaires are among the richest on the planet. Who's the richest of them all? Forbes has released its 2016 list of the world's billionaires, featuring 1,810 individuals who have a combined net worth of $6.48 trillion. Among the 540 American billionaires are 22 very wealthy North Texans.
3. Dallas-based pizza chain gets on board with hot and cheesy national trend. Pie Five Pizza, a spin-off of Dallas-based Pizza Inn, has embraced one of biggest restaurant trends of 2016: vegan dining. The company is adding a vegan cheese option made by pioneer Daiya, to serve at all Pie Five restaurants nationwide.
4. Dallas restaurant with downtown views debuts in urban Cedars district. Although the opening of an Alamo Drafthouse in the urban Cedars district is massive, there's an accompanying dining component whose arrival is just as big: a separate rooftop restaurant and bar called Vetted Well. The restaurant shares an entrance with the movie theater, but it's a separate entity.
5. 5 tempting Hill Country destinations to get away from it all in Dallas. If you're short on time, money, or vacation days, planning a getaway can be tricky. Forget the fuss, and keep it simple with a road trip through Central Texas, where these Hill Country destinations await.