Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Where to eat right now: 10 hot restaurants in Fort Worth. Whether it's a Dallas restaurant expanding westward or a Tarrant County regular stretching its wings, Fort Worth has emerged as the hottest restaurant neighborhood this spring. Most of the 10 restaurants on this list have opened since 2014, so it's a new crop. Time to hit I-30 and check it out.
2. Jeff Gordon's genius taxi prank, Mardi Gras doughnuts and more links we love. Considering that journalists earn a living by doubting what others accept as fact, it's understandable that automotive reporter Travis Okulski had reservations about Pepsi Max's commercial with Jeff Gordon. Okulski was adamant it was a fake. But after Gordon took him for a surprise test drive, Okulski is officially a believer.
3. Boyfriend charged with murder in death of missing Richardson ISD teacher. According to an arrest warrant affidavit, Emily Lambert's boyfriend, Robert Earley, bludgeoned her in the head after an argument and then dragged her alongside his car with a rope tied around her neck. Lambert, a 30-year-old teacher at O. Henry Elementary School, traveled to Carlsbad, New Mexico, to visit Earley for the weekend.
4. Where to shop in Dallas right now: 7 must-hit stores for March. Hopefully the wacky winter weather is behind us so we can start filling our closets with fun stuff for spring. Plus you know spring cleaning is really just code for "make room for new stuff." Check out where we are shopping this month.
5. Oscars 2014: Best and worst moments, including Matthew McConaughey's victory dance. As Oscarcasts go, the one that aired March 2 was a modestly amusing and generally well-paced affair. Capably if not excitingly hosted by Ellen DeGeneres, the program proved to be relatively painless as made-for-TV spectacle and largely satisfying as a doling out of just desserts to the truly deserving.