Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Dallas suburb boasts one of the best downtowns in the country. Is there anything Plano can't win? Not only is it the best city to find a job, full of the most caring people, and in the top three for wallet wellness, now it's also home to one of the best downtowns in the nation.
2. The 7 most exciting startups in Dallas right now. With innovation leaders who nurture the startup spirit and do their part to stoke the fire, Dallas is one of the best places for small businesses to thrive. These are some of the most exciting local startups.
3. Where to drink in Dallas right now: 6 best bars for something new. Where to drink? It's an important question. And we have an answer — or six answers, to be precise. Newness is the theme this month: These restaurants and bars have either just opened or just rolled out a new special or bar program.
4. Koi pond and other tropical surprises hide behind this unusual Dallas home. The for-sale home at 5535 W. Hanover Ave. feels a little bit like the tropics, even though it's located near Lovers Lane and the Dallas North Tollway. Kevin Fox, son of Dave Fox, of Dallas homebuilding super duo Fox & Jacobs, is responsible for the Hawaiian-like paradise.
5. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 best new downtown restaurants for lunch. For those who like to meet for lunch in downtown Dallas, things have never been better. And by "better," we mean new places, opening all around the central core. If you're hungry for what's brand new, here's the list.