Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. SMU student athlete found dead in her off-campus Dallas apartment. On March 18, the body of SMU student Hannah Catherine Moss was found in her off-campus apartment. Moss, 20, was a member of the track and field team and a sophomore business major.
2. The best places to hike and bike in Dallas and beyond. It’s finally time to trade in your wool-lined boots for some hiking ones. Yes, Austin and the Hill Country are only a day trip away. But with options like these, there’s no need to leave Dallas to get your outdoor fix.
3. The essential guide to young professional philanthropy groups in Dallas. For those who have yet to make their marks on the Dallas charity circuit, we've created the ultimate cheat sheet to the top YP groups in town. Whether your passion is the arts, education, cancer awareness, or eradicating domestic violence or hunger, you'll be exercising your civic duty quicker than you can say "benevolence."
4. North Texas city boasts best downtown in America. Add another feather in Fort Worth's cap: A new survey has named Fort Worth the best downtown in America for 2014. Livability.com cited a growing population, new retail and residential developments, and a more walkable environment in Cowtown's No. 1 ranking.
5. Southlake man falls to his death at Florida hotel while chaperoning spring break teens. Thomas Saunders, 62, was chaperoning his daughter and her friends on spring break in Florida when he fell to his death inside their hotel. Saunders fell from the 12th floor balcony onto the first-floor roof at the Holiday Inn. The Panama City Beach Police Department says there is no indication of foul play or that alcohol was a factor.