Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. These 10 best bartenders in Dallas are really shaking things up. Of all the categories that earn recognition in CultureMap's annual Tastemaker Awards, bartenders are among the most dynamic. Dallas' mixology scene continues to grow not only in the quality of what we're drinking, but also the sheer numbers. Here are our 10 nominees for the 2018 Tastemaker Awards Best Bartender of the Year.
2. Dallas entrepreneur launches Airbnb-inspired app for women's closets. Rent My Wardrobe, the just-launched app from Dallas-based Rachel Sipperly, gives women the ability to earn income by renting out items already hanging in their closets. It's designed to take the sting out of buying an expensive item and wearing it just once or twice.
3. The 6 Dallas spring home tours every real estate buff should attend. Spring is the perfect time for homeowners to put their houses on display for the world (or at least the city) to see. Get out your calendars and write down these dates, as these Dallas home tours are sure to be the talk of town.
4. Downtown Dallas restaurant reopens after landlord lockout. A downtown Dallas restaurant with a rocky recent history was closed by the landlord late March 15. It reopened in time for dinner service on March 16. The restaurant is Sol Irlandes, the Mexican place at Stone Place Mall, the center on Main Street across from the Joule Dallas hotel.
5. Here's the salary needed to afford a home in Dallas. What sort of salary do you need if you want to buy a house? SmartAsset has the answer for Big D and three other Texas cities, based on its determination of a typical total monthly payment that includes mortgage, taxes, and homeowners insurance.