Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Dallas dining scene swells with these 5 high-profile openings. These new restaurants, which have all just opened, bring some kind of extra oomph, be it a ground-breaking cuisine, an out-of-town cachet, or a celebrity flair. These are the kinds of places where people wait in line.
2. This Dallas restaurant news roundup can barely contain all the openings. If you want pizza, doughnuts, and coffee, you’ve come to the right place. With this restaurant news we bring you tidings of a new pizzeria, ice cream, and a Starbucks drink that you’d better try now if you want to try it at all.
3. Dallas-based Tex-Mex chain beats out majors to earn best-in-U.S. title. Feel sorry for those who don't have Taco Bueno in their lives. Market Force Information has named the Mexican fast-food chain, which is based in Farmers Branch, as the best in the nation.
4. 9 Dallas hot spots to see and be seen in spring 2016. Whether you’re eating, drinking, or working on your beauty and fitness regimens, these Dallas hot spots offer top-notch people-watching.
5. Upscale Dallas Mexican restaurant changes hands — but they’re good ones. Mexican restaurant Komali has new owners and a new menu to show for it. Chef Abraham Salum, who opened the restaurant in 2011, has sold it to Emanuel Salinas and John Broady, who promise to take good care of it.