Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Dallas boasts trio of smartest private high schools in U.S. — and No. 1 in Texas. According to new national rankings, there are some pretty smart kids graduating from Dallas-area private high schools. Business Insider has a roundup of the 50 smartest private high schools in the country, and three in Dallas made the cut.
2. PGA golden boy drops a wad of cash on Preston Hollow estate. Turns out Jordan Spieth has great taste in real estate: The 21-year-old, Dallas-born PGA golfer recently bought a French-style beaut in Preston Hollow. Now that he has plunked down $2,275,000 for this place, he wants to unload his Uptown townhome.
3. Inside the most expensive home in Dallas (price tag: $100 million). Tom and Cinda Hicks have had their 25-acre estate on the market for more than two years. First list price? $135 million. Now they have a new Realtor, Allie Beth Allman, and a new price: $100 million, which is still the most expensive in Dallas and one of the priciest in the nation.
4. 8 top Dallas wedding venues to ensure yours is an affair to remember. We’ll leave the country clubs and hotels off this list, because a wedding at the Ritz-Carlton or Brook Hollow Golf Club is bound to be beautiful. These venues are for couples who want something different.
5. Dallas neighborhood ranks among best in U.S. for pub crawling. Uptown might be rife with pubs and clubs, but according to RealtyTrac, Deep Ellum and Expo Park offer a better ratio of bars to people, making the 75226 ZIP code a top destination for pub crawls.