Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Dallas-Fort Worth's booming population growth blows past the rest of the country. Dallas-Fort Worth rolled out the country’s biggest welcome mat from 2015 to 2016. New estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau indicate Dallas-Fort Worth welcomed more than 140,000 new residents during the one-year period — the most of any metro area in the U.S.
2. Dallas police arrest suspect in Ritz-Carlton hotel wedding theft. Dallas police have arrested a man in connection with the March 10 burglary at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Uptown Dallas. More than $100,000 in jewelry and other valuables were taken from two rooms that were part of a large wedding party at the ritzy Uptown hotel.
3. Raise your glass to the 10 best bars in Dallas. Hope you're getting ready for the 2017 CultureMap Tastemaker Awards, our annual event honoring the best in local food and drink. We've already profiled the candidates for Rising Star Chef and Best Neighborhood Restaurant. Now we take a look at the city's best bars.
4. Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton's fake beef with Frisco backfires. In the past week, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton earned national attention from the likes of The Washington Post, Newsweek, and online site Huffington Post. Too bad it took him an embarrassing episode of baiting of religion and race to get it.
5. Irving's Music Factory launches with killer entertainment lineup. The highly anticipated Pavilion at the Music Factory in Irving has announced its initial entertainment lineup, one that's full of some of the biggest names in music and comedy. Legendary comedian Dave Chappelle, hot off his two recent Netflix specials, will open the venue on Friday, September 1.