Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. These 10 restaurants make the cut for best pizza in Dallas. The 2019 CultureMap Tastemaker Awards celebrate the best in Dallas food and drink, spotlighting nominees in every category: bars, restaurants, chefs, and bartenders. Every year, we single out one wild card category that's different from the last. For 2019, our wild card is pizza. Here are the 10 nominees for Best Place for Pizza in Dallas.
2. Dallas young professionals paint the town yellow at rosy charity gala. A daylong downpour did nothing to dampen the enthusiasm for the Yellow Rose Gala, held April 13 at the Renaissance Dallas Hotel. This was the fourth such affair under the leadership of Fallon Wynne Way, who resurrected the pre-eminent Dallas charitable event founded in 1986 by her mother, Dee Wynne.
3. Dallas named among 25 best places to live by U.S. News & World Report. U.S. News & World Report has unveiled its newest Best Places to Live in the USA, and Dallas-Fort Worth ranks as a top spot. The site, which compared the 125 largest metros in the country, ranks DFW at No. 21. According to U.S. News, the city must “have a good value, be a desirable place to live, have a strong job market, and a high quality of life.”
4. Cinépolis Luxury Cinemas heads to Dallas suburbs for third Texas location. Cinépolis Luxury Cinemas will open a 10-screen, 40,000-square-foot theater complex at The Shops at Willow Bend in Plano sometime in 2020. The new movie theater, announced April 15, is part of a $145 million renovation and expansion to The Shops at Willow Bend.
5. Where to shop in Dallas right now: 9 must-hit stores for April. With temperatures warming up, it's time to get out there and shop. Yes, time to ditch the online orders and go straight to the source — for kids' clothes, jewelry, home decor, athletic apparel, and even a little menswear. It's going to be hard to pick just one place for your annual spring splurge. Here are nine new options in Dallas.