Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. The 10 best burgers in Dallas: How can we pick just one winner? For the 2015 edition of our Tastemaker Awards, we’re devoting a special chapter to one of the most hotly debated food categories of all: burgers. Our list of nominees includes some of the new players, who go up against some longtime classics. The winner will be announced at our grand tasting event on May 14.
2. The best restaurants in Dallas for ladies who lunch. Lucky for all you lunching ladies, there are plenty of restaurants in Dallas for a leisurely and lovely midday meal. Here’s our list of the best places to get dressed up and dine with your besties — where it’s never too early for a little bubbly.
3. Oak Cliff to get high-rises and more surprises in city news. Last week in city news, Dallas evaded a tornado, a poll revealed people still don’t want the toll road and early voting in city elections arrived. Plus the Dallas City Council approved a rezoning of the Oak Cliff Gateway area that will allow for development projects, including 20-story buildings.
4. Landmark downtown Dallas hotel gets storybook ending. The refurbished Statler Hotel in downtown Dallas will debut in October 2016, and it will have a familiar name attached: Hilton. The landmark property will become part of the hotel chain’s Curio collection. The hotel debuted in 1956 as the Dallas Statler Hilton, heralded as the first and finest hotel of the modern era for its groundbreaking design and electronic innovations.
5. The best Dallas-Fort Worth restaurants for Mother’s Day brunch 2015. Brunch is a celebratory event on its own. Combine that with your official honoring of the person who got you here, and that translates into a communal, mimosa-toasting meal like no other. You know what that means: Better get your reservation in soon. Scan our list, study the options and make the call.