Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. New dumpling restaurant in Good 2 Go Taco spot says hello East Dallas. With the mourning period for Good 2 Go Taco coming to a close, it's time to move on. Happily, there's something new going into its former East Dallas location: Hello Dumpling, an Asian restaurant specializing in dumplings, with an adjoining tea salon.
2. Richardson's CityLine adds cool new pop-up restaurant concept. CityLine, the flourishing complex in Richardson, has added an interesting new dining option for lunch: Fooda, a pop-up that serves food from different restaurants.
3. DIFFA/Dallas dares not disappoint for year’s most exotic gala. When a camel is your greeter, you know your evening is about to get interesting. And so it went at House of DIFFA 2017, the blowout gala for DIFFA/Dallas, held May 6 at the Omni hotel downtown.
4. American Airlines launches summer nonstop service from DFW to 2 European cities. Fort Worth-based American Airlines has launched a daily seasonal nonstop service for summer 2017, between Dallas Fort Worth International Airport and two European cities: Rome and Amsterdam.
5. New pizza chain tosses more authentic Italian pies to Dallas-Fort Worth. A new Neapolitan-style pizza chain is headed to DFW, bringing more authentic Italian thin-crust pizzas to both Dallas and Fort Worth. Called Midici, it's a chain from California that was founded in 2015 and is a sibling to Menchie's Frozen Yogurt.