Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Awkwardly real reality creeps into Real Housewives of Dallas. Episode six of the 10-episode run of RHOD was chockablock with amusing nonsense and a moment or two of awkwardly real reality. It’s not news that these shows are hell on marriages. Each incarnation of the popular series has seen couples call it quits.
2. Downtown Dallas promises to get sticky with overnight closure of major freeway. On May 14 there was an overnight closure of southbound I-35E as part of the Dallas Horseshoe Project. It reopened on May 15 at 10 am.
3. Dallas’ next great brunch destination has a rooftop patio in Deep Ellum. The Bread Winners folks are at it again, with a new bar-restaurant concept, Harlowe MXM, opening in what is arguably the most central spot in Deep Ellum. Like Bread Winners, brunch will be a big deal.
4. Quaint yet funky town just 30 minutes from Dallas calls for a weekend getaway. Anchored by a well-preserved, nine-story 1895 courthouse, Waxahachie has a timeless appeal that’s evident from the moment you step into the downtown square. Here’s a guide for a weekend away in the town just half an hour outside of downtown Dallas.
5. Dallas’ most famous Tex-Mex family plans latest restaurant in Plano. The citizens of Plano will soon get to enjoy the time-tested Tex-Mex cuisine of the legendary Cuellar family, with the opening of Cuellar’s Fajita Ranch.