Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Prime Dallas ladies-who-lunch tea room to close after 18 years. In what feels like somewhat inevitable news, Forty Five Ten, the Dallas-based luxury boutique, is closing the T Room at Forty Five Ten on McKinney Avenue. According to a release, the closure comes as "part of a strategic decision" by the Headington Companies who own it, to refocus on the flagship Forty Five Ten location in downtown Dallas.
2. Most famous Dallas real estate firm sold to Warren Buffett. Ebby Halliday Realtors will be acquired by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices of America, the Dallas-based real estate firm announced May 21. HomeServices CEO Ron Peltier delivered the news to 1,700 agents at a meeting inside The Star in Frisco and assured them that nothing would change — except that their parent now was a rich guy named Warren Buffett.
3. Chef Nick Badovinus to open not one but two concepts in downtown Dallas. The new restaurant in downtown Dallas in the works from sprightly chef Nick Badovinus (Town Hearth, Neighborhood Services, Montlake Cut, Offsite Kitchen) has a name, and a little sibling. Called National Anthem, the restaurant will open in the triangular Magnolia Oil building as part of a new district being formed on the eastern edge of downtown Dallas.
4. Rents could increase this much if Amazon HQ2 picks Dallas, new study says. A new study shows the price Dallas or Austin could pay if Amazon picks either Texas city for its second headquarters. Data and analytics provider CoStar Group forecasts both cities will see a 10-year rise in apartment rents if either lands Amazon’s so-called HQ2 project — but Austin rents would increase more than those in Dallas.
5. The best Dallas-Fort Worth outdoor concerts for families in summer 2018. Even with the temperatures rising, plenty of venues in the Dallas-Fort Worth area will present outdoor concert series this spring and summer. These seasonal outings make for fun family picnics, great friend-gatherings, and romantic date nights under the stars. Here are the best places to listen to music in the great outdoors this summer.