Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. New shop crazy about pickles joins Jimmy's in East Dallas foodie zone. In a world that seems overrun with hamburger joints and poke places, bow down to entrepreneur Lee Theilen, who is opening a concept that is completely original to Dallas: a pickle place. Called Pickletopia, it will open at 4812 Bryan St., where it will sell pickles of all kinds.
2. The 7 best outdoor movies around Dallas-Fort Worth in summer 2018. No matter your age, there's something fun about watching a movie on a big screen, outdoors, on a lazy summer night. Here are seven of the best places to watch a favorite movie under the stars in DFW in coming months.
3. Billy Bob’s founder abruptly shuts down brand new venue in Irving. After a mere two months, Big Beat Dallas, the venue at Toyota Music Factory from Billy Bob's founder Billy Bob Barnett, has closed.
4. Dreamy Dallas gala raises record $2.1 million for diabetes research. For the organizers of the 2018 JDRF Dallas Dream Gala, the lavish fundraising event really was a dream come true.
5. This is how much home can you buy for $200,000 in Dallas in 2018. Although the prices of homes in Dallas-Fort Worth continue to climb, new data from real estate website PropertyShark shows we’re still getting a lot more bang for the housing buck than folks in New York City and San Francisco are.