Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Romano's Macaroni Grill closes 2 key Dallas-area locations. Two Dallas-area branches of Romano's Macaroni Grill have closed, including the flagship restaurant on Northwest Highway. A spokesperson confirmed that the Preston Center location had closed, as well as a location at 4535 Belt Line Rd. in Addison.
2. New Plano Asian restaurant does ramen like no one else in Dallas. With more ramen in town comes different kinds of ramen. Musashi Ramen & Izakaya is a new restaurant in Plano that has two unique things going for it: a chef from Japan, and an approach to ramen that is both uncommon and authentic.
3. This is how much money millennials need to save to buy a home in Dallas. As part of an annual survey, Apartment List asked millennial renters across the country about their plans for homeownership. The Dallas metro area lines up with the national trend: A lot of young people want to buy a place, but they can't afford to right now, and they may not be able to anytime soon.
4. Dallas homeowners can still protest their property taxes — here's how. If you're a homeowner in the DFW area, you recently got a shocker in the mail: a 2017 appraisal of the value of your property that probably went through the roof. The value of homes in Dallas County rose 9.9 percent this year, with the value of homes in the four major counties around Dallas, Collin, Tarrant, and Denton increasing by more than $84 billion.
5. 6 best Dallas-area parks that are off the beaten path. With amazing parks like Klyde Warren, the Arboretum, and White Rock Lake Park, we’d argue that Dallas is home to some of the best outdoor spaces in the nation. But for a little change of pace, we decided to put together a list of some of the best spots to enjoy the great outdoors — a little off the beaten path.