Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Hollywood actor grabs a cup of elotes at famed Dallas-area truck stop. The elotes at Fuel City must be pretty good. Good enough to draw a visit from actor Shia LaBeouf, who showed up at the famed truck stop’s Mesquite location on June 2 and bought a cup of the popular street food-style corn.
2. New-to-Texas restaurant rolls biscuits and doughnuts into Allen. A North Carolina restaurant chain that specializes in biscuits is headed for Texas. Rise Biscuits & Donuts will open its first Lone Star location at 950 W. Stacy Rd. in Allen. Also on the menu: doughnuts.
3. American Airlines offers new nonstop flights from DFW to 3 vacation-worthy U.S. cities. American Airlines just added direct flights from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport to three far-flung American cities: Santa Barbara, California; Bozeman, Montana; and Boise, Idaho. Perhaps that will help in your summer vacation planning.
4. Taqueria has designs on downtown Dallas location left by Stephan Pyles. The downtown Dallas address that was formerly home to Stephan Pyles’ San Salvaje restaurant has a new tenant: Tortaco, a new Mexican concept with tacos and more from restaurateur Mike Karns, of Firebird Restaurant Group.
5. Fully updated Oak Cliff charmer has designer touch for under $500,000. Once upon a time, a clever architect and a talented interior designer bought a 1927 Prairie cottage in Winnetka Heights and completely transformed it. Now, a lucky buyer can reap the benefits of their hard work and nab this move-in ready cutie at 110 N. Edgefield Ave.