Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Real Housewives of Dallas must be a throwaway for Bravo. On other, more glamorous Real Housewives shows, the ladies often jet off to Bali or Banff or the Bahamas for a super-glam on-camera vacation. On episode nine of Real Housewives of Dallas, the Bravo network saw fit only to schlep the gals down to Lake Travis for two nights. On a bus.
2. New Uptown Dallas neighborhood bar has a thing for knockers. Hats off to new Uptown Dallas bar Next Door for having one of the sauciest motifs in town: a wall of door knockers, ripe for puns and knock-knock jokes galore.
3. Dallas could see one of the largest rent hikes in the nation this year. Rents across the nation are currently at an all-time high, and Dallas is especially feeling the pinch. A new study from RentCafe confirms that Dallas is among the 20 metros with the highest projected rent hikes for 2016.
4. Southwest Airlines launches flash sale with cheap deals on fall travel. Earlier this week, Southwest Airlines launched a major flash sale featuring big discounts on domestic and international flights this fall. Travelers could take advantage of one-way fares as low as $49 (for select cities and dates) — as long as they booked by June 9 at 11:59 pm.
5. New service chauffeurs commuters from Dallas to Houston for less. Transportation companies are loving Dallas in a big way. We've got Uber, Lyft, Megabus, Vonlane, and Zipcar, and now, we'll be the first to get a brand-new commuter bus route from a technology startup called Shofur.