Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Favorite East Dallas coffee shop expands to ritzy Preston-Royal. A veteran in the Dallas coffee scene is opening a new shop. White Rock Coffee, the revered coffee shop and roaster in East Dallas, will open a fourth location at the prime North Dallas intersection of Preston and Royal roads.
2. Largest floating water park in Texas splish-splashes into Dallas-Fort Worth. The largest floating aqua park obstacle course in Texas has opened on Lake Grapevine — just for the summer. Altitude H20, in Grapevine's Meadowmere Park, is a gargantuan floating playground that will be open through Labor Day, September 3.
3. Chic Dallasites party poolside at CultureMap's Summer Soiree in the sky. Under a perfect evening sky, about 150 guests gathered for the CultureMap Summer Soiree hosted at The 23, a beautiful new luxury apartment high-rise in Dallas' Victory Park.
4. With so many ice cream shops opening in Dallas, we made a list. This year is emerging as Ice Cream Summer, with all sorts of frozen dessert spots either recently opened or opening soon. So many, we made a list.
5. Where to shop in Dallas right now: 8 must-hit stores for June. This month, shopping in Dallas has a footloose and fancy-free vibe. From Johnny Was and Oliver Peoples opening at NorthParkCenter to Flea Style (finally) getting a brick-and-mortar home, there are plenty of cool boutiques and hot spots for filling up your shopping cart in June.