Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. The official list of top 4th of July events around Dallas-Fort Worth. It's the rare person who doesn't "ooh" and "ahh" at a great fireworks display, and, as always, the Dallas-Fort Worth area has no shortage of events from which to choose on this Fourth of July. We've rounded up the biggest and best ones for your oohing — we mean viewing — pleasure, the majority of which occur on Saturday.
2. Pricey Dallas estate in private community keeps a secret out back. A new listing may raise the price bar in a chichi North Dallas neighborhood. The nearly 7,000-square-foot home at 12258 Creek Forest Dr., in the gated Lake Forest community, has just hit the market for $3.9 million.
3. Popular Dallas bar changes policies after discrimination accusations from feds. Kung Fu Saloon has agreed to implement changes after reaching a settlement with the U.S. Justice Department nearly three years after allegations surfaced that the bar denied entry to patrons based on race.
4. 10 Dallas hot spots to see and be seen in summer 2015. As per usual, we have been out and about lately, researching all the places you need to be seen this summer — from where to get your hair and makeup done to where to show it all off.
5. High-end surprises lurk inside Lake Highlands hideaway priced at less than $300,000. It's rare to find so many high-end amenities and thoughtful details in a Dallas home for less than $300,000. But the house at 10006 Chimney Hill Ln. in Lake Highlands has them.