Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Uptown Dallas suffers brunch casualty along Katy Trail. A restaurant with an enviable location on Katy Trail, which is also known for its busy dog-friendly brunch, will close for good in August. Company Cafe, located at 3136 Routh St., announced on Facebook that it will close for the most obvious reason: an expired lease.
2. Three new restaurants join buzzing CityLine in Richardson, including Dallas Mexican favorite. In its unceasing quest to feature every cuisine, the CityLine complex in Richardson has signed on three more restaurant concepts including a Dallas Mexican favorite, a Razzoo's spin-off and a new-to-Dallas concept from Atlanta. The restaurants, all new to Richardson, include: Fernando’s Mexican Cuisine, Fresh To Order, and Tricky Fish.
3. New stand at Dallas Farmers Market takes ice cream to luxurious heights. A new ice cream place in Dallas promises to bring us the frozen treat executed with unparalleled exactitude. Called Roomie's Ice Cream, it will debut at the Dallas Farmers Market shed on July 9, where it will be set up thereafter on Thursday nights and all day on Fridays.
4. Amy Schumer and Aziz Ansari headline Oddball Comedy fest, and it's coming to Dallas. Funny or Die's annual Oddball Comedy & Curiosity Festival has brought some big-name comedians to Dallas the past few years, and 2015 will even bigger with Amy Schumer and Aziz Ansari headlining the festival when it makes a stop at Gexa Energy Pavilion on October 18.
5. Texas farmer gets the itch out by tackling stealthy grass-dwelling pest. Walking the long, weedy path to tend my field crops each day, I wind up with bites all over. I never see the bites happen, but the dime-sized welts that rise on my skin hours later are a sure giveaway: I've passed through a cluster of chiggers.