Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Central Market unlocks new Dallas store in million-dollar neighborhood. At last, the newest Dallas location of Central Market, opening at the intersection of Midway Road and Northwest Highway, has a start date: Doors will open to the public at 8 am on Wednesday, September 5.
2. New Dallas bar Mama Tried rides honky-tonk trail into Deep Ellum. Deep Ellum is about to get a honky-tonk with the mid-July opening of Mama Tried, a new bar and restaurant from successful operator Brooke Humphries, opening at 215 Henry St., in what was most recently a CrossFit gym. Good riddance to that.
3. Very casual burger bar opens in historic downtown Dallas building. The renovation of the Butler Brothers building in downtown Dallas seems to be complete. The apartments are for rent, the dual-branded Marriott hotel opened in June, and Butler Brothers Bar is open to diners.
4. Stores selling wonder cure CBD oil crop up across Dallas-Fort Worth. A company from Kansas City, Missouri that specializes in CBD oil, the new wonder cure for everything that ails you, has big plans for Texas.
5. These Dallas-Fort Worth suburbs shine among the most family-friendly cities in Texas. Personal finance site WalletHub released a report ranking the best and worst cities for Texas families. Dallas itself did not break the top 100, but communities in the Dallas-Fort Worth area dominated the rankings.