Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. What a $2 million modern Dallas home looks like when the seller’s this creative. Fossil creative director Patrick Conner and his partner, television host and radio personality Chris Jagger, have put their 1960s modern home on the market, and it's everything you'd expect from an owner with an eye for design.
2. Long-awaited chicken chain finally feeds Dallas-Fort Worth with multiple locations. People go crazy for the flame-grilled chicken at the El Pollo Loco chain, hailing from the West Coast. It finally arrives in Dallas-Fort Worth in August, with the first two stores opening in Allen and Bedford.
3. Uptown Dallas bar impresarios try their hand at casual Deep Ellum restaurant. Imran and Asim Sheikh, the team that opened Citizen in Uptown Dallas last year, are now heading to Deep Ellum, where they are opening Stirr, a restaurant that they envision as a "refined yet casual gathering spot" for friends.
4. President Barack Obama to honor Dallas police officers with personal visit. At the invitation of Mayor Rawlings, President Barack Obama traveled to Dallas on July 12 to attend an interfaith memorial service at the Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center. The service honored the families of the fallen police officers and members of the Dallas community who were personally affected by the July 7 shooting following a protest in downtown Dallas.
5. Where to drink in Dallas right now: 5 bars for on-trend sangria. These fives places might not be what you immediately think of when you want a glass of sangria, but give them a chance this summer, and you'll be pleasantly surprised.