Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Dallas-Fort Worth Restaurant Week list for 2013 lacks hottest restaurants. DFW Restaurant Week was established 16 years ago as a favorite tightwad summer dining tradition. As you look at this list, you may spot some notable absences — i.e., any "hip" or "cool" restaurant that has opened in the past year. Where is Oak, FT33 or Spoon? Nowhere, giving this list a bit of a dusty, same-old vibe.
2. Heisman hangover? Johnny Manziel kicked out of Manning Passing Academy. Manziel's party boy ways were once again the talk of the town thanks to an early dismissal from the Manning Passing Academy in Thibodaux, Louisiana. The 20-year-old sophomore quarterback denied hangover rumors during SEC Media Days but told reporters he felt he had earned a right to have some fun after last season's many successes.
3. Lewis Black attacks Rick Perry for trying to lure New York businesses to Texas. When Gov. Perry isn't making headlines for supporting the most restrictive abortion bill in the country, he's filming television and radio ads to steal jobs from other states. Or at least that's the way comedian Lewis Black tells it. On a recent episode of The Daily Show, Black took Perry to task for a recent advertisement aired in New York that urged entrepreneurial residents to come to Texas.
4. Jacqueline Buckingham and Maxwell L. Anderson remarry months after divorce announcement. Art world hottie Jacqueline Buckingham didn't stay on the market for long. Just three months after announcing that she and Maxwell L. Anderson were getting a divorce, the couple has remarried. Buckingham had planned to detail their divorce in a tome. Instead, Anderson announced the couple's remarriage on Twitter.
5. Iced coffee sets Dallas caffeine scene abuzz. Once found primarily in the Northeast, iced coffee has become the cold drink of summer 2013 in Dallas-Fort Worth, thanks to a wave of coffeehouses offering it, many via flashy, state-of-the-art technology. Local shops leading the charge include Weekend Coffee, Ascension, Oddfellows and Brewed.