Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. These Dallas-Fort Worth families rank among the richest in America. Eight Dallas-Fort Worth clans appear on the latest Forbes list of America’s richest families. Some names are familiar; others, maybe not so much. But they all have one thing in common: billions of dollars.
2. Texas favorite wins best burger in America in national contest. Fast Company did a week-long bracket to determine the all-important issue of which restaurant chain serves the most delicious burger in America. In what is surely no surprise to Texans, Whataburger trounced the more than 30 contenders.
3. The luckiest homebuyers in Dallas live in these neighborhoods. Many Dallas homeowners are feeling lucky these days, as they’ve watched their home values increase — dramatically, in some cases. But which neighborhoods have seen the greatest appreciation? Zillow researchers answered that question in a recent study.
4. Dallas-Fort Worth water park makes a splash as one of America's best. Those in Dallas-Fort Worth looking for a way to cool down this summer have an award-winning choice. According to TripAdvisor’s 2015 Travelers' Choice Awards, NRH2O Family Waterpark in North Richland Hills ranks among the best attractions in the country.
5. Retro Richardson arcade takes us back to the '80s with nostalgic games. A game arcade with a retro theme and a unique payment approach will open in Richardson in the fall. Called Free Play, it'll offer more than 70 arcade games, most from the 1980s, including titles such as Ms. Pac Man, Defender and Tempest.