Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 best restaurants worth the wait. For our August edition of Where to Eat Right Now, we took our inspiration from Yahoo's recent listicle of 10 U.S. restaurants worth waiting in long lines. Senior editor Teresa Gubbins shares her insight on places from Fireside Pies to Monkey King Noodle.
2. Most recognizable house on Inwood Road commands castle-worthy price. Anyone who has driven past the intersection of Inwood Road and Royal Lane in Dallas knows this house. It sits proudly on the corner, the imposing castle-like façade fully exposed, without a stone wall, tree or even a shrub to hide behind. If ever you have wondered what it might be like to live inside this stone-clad estate, then get out your checkbook.
3. How Texas schools stack up on new rankings of best U.S. colleges. Two publications recently put out roundups of top U.S. colleges, and Houston’s Rice University has a lot to brag about. According to Forbes’ America’s Top Colleges and Money’s Best Colleges for Your Money, Rice is the top ranked college in Texas.
4. Burglars haul away $1 million in accessories from Texas socialite's closet. On August 1, thieves broke into the Houston home of Theresa Roemer and cleaned out much of her massive, much-talked-about closet. Roemer estimates the burglars took between $800,000 and $1 million worth of handbags, jewelry and watches.
5. Nearly nude photo of Texas Tech's Kliff Kingsbury eclipses silly watch controversy. Kliff Kingsbury continues to make international headlines for his uncanny resemblance to one of Hollywood's hottest stars. After a shirtless photo of Kingsbury got posted online, the image predictably went viral as countless media outlets compared him — and his abs — to heartthrob Ryan Gosling once again.