Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now.
1. Fort Worth Zoo has a new baby elephant named Bowie. At two weeks old, this little guy is already pretty big. Bowie is still figuring out how to use his elephant trunk, as evidenced by the funny noises coming out of it around the 20-second mark on his debut video.
2. SNL legends discuss the auditions that changed their lives and the mystique of Lorne Michaels. Will Ferrell, Molly Shannon and Tracy Morgan are now comedy icons, but they were once just scared, out-of-work actors looking for their big break. Take a peek into the mysterious world of the most successful sketch comedy show on air today and learn what makes Lorne Michaels laugh, how he makes decisions and who he wouldn't mind seeing in a dark hallway at 6 am.
3. Lily the lamb and Shekel the dog are best friends. What's cuter than a baby lamb and a puppy? Not much. This unlikely duo became fast friends when Lily got stuck in a kind-hearted woman's fence in New Zealand. Now, Lily and Shekel do everything together, which includes a lot of napping and bottle drinking.
4. Guys with fancy lady hair. Traditionally speaking, men's hair is short and women's hair is long. But, hey, this is 2013. Let your hair down, boys. We won't judge.
5. Gorgeous glimpses of calamity. When you're living through a natural disaster, the furthest thing from your mind is beauty. Take a step back, however, and a different picture emerges. From NASA’s satellites, Hurricane Sandy, wildfires and other disasters look downright dazzling.
6. Meet the heroic woman who prevented a mass shooting at an elementary school. The name Antoinette Tuff is gaining traction the world over, and for good reason. Tuff successfully talked down a man armed with an assault rifle from opening fire on a Georgia elementary school. Michael Brandon Hill, 20, is now in police custody.