Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. How to get every possible discount at the 2019 State Fair of Texas. The State Fair of Texas, which starts its 24-day run at Fair Park on September 27, is a fall tradition for many around the Lone Star State. With deals being offered by the State Fair and other entities, there's no reason you should ever pay full price. Here are the many ways we've found for you to save money on tickets.
2. Woman killed in SUV fire on Greenville Avenue was celebrating birthday. Sara Hudson, 22, whose body was found in a burning SUV in the Lower Greenville Avenue area on August 19, was going to meet friends for drinks to celebrate her birthday, but never made it. On August 21, Dallas Police arrested Glen Richter, a 49-year-old white male, for her murder.
3. Greenville Avenue institution Char Bar confirms rumors of its closing. A Greenville Avenue fixture for half a century is throwing in the towel. Melios Bros Char Bar, easily identified by its cheery blue-and-white Swiss chalet-style structure, is closing, with a date set for September 22.
4. Kooky supper club near Deep Ellum punches out with nutty goodbye note. The drag brunches have come to an end. Don't Tell Supper Club, the bar-restaurant at 2026 Commerce St. that became best known for its semi-regular drag brunches, closed on August 12.
5. 7 world-class restaurants putting Texas Hill Country on the culinary map. Just because a budget may not accommodate a Roman holiday doesn’t mean that culinary travel is off the table. The Texas Hill Country is full of world-class restaurants that can be visited with little more than a tank or two of gas. Here are seven restaurants not to miss.