Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. The top hair salons in Dallas to keep your tresses looking their best. In Dallas, we take our hair very seriously, so choosing the right salon and stylist may be the most critical beauty decision we make. To that end, we did some investigating and put together a list of the town’s top salons — some of these are institutions; others are newer to the scene. But all of them will make you love your locks.
2. The 10 absolute best barbecue joints in Dallas-Fort Worth. Across Texas, there’s been an increased attention on smoked meat, and that’s spilled over into DFW, which has been the fortunate recipient of a big wave of barbecue openings. Combining some from here (Dallas) and some from there (Fort Worth), we’ve collated a completely up-to-date list of the best.
3. Appetizing details emerge on new cocktail and beer bar going into Deep Ellum. Winning the prize for the cutest name, Dot’s Hop House & Cocktail Courtyard, the craft beer bar and beer garden opening in Deep Ellum has appointed a chef: Nick Wells.
4. Famed noodle chef is back in action at new Asian restaurant in Richardson. Imperial Noodle opened in early August with famed chef Zhang Xue Liang, aka Charlie Zhang, who was previously at Royal China, the longtime Chinese restaurant at Preston Road and Royal Lane.
5. Dallas clothing company sets new standard for Texas pride. Dallasites Drew and Christine Bagot are Texas proud, which is precisely why they launched Texas Standard, a brand-new clothing company “built on the values synonymous with the state it calls home: independence, tradition, and pride.”