Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Hurricane Harvey puts the squeeze on Dallas-area gas stations. The effects of Hurricane Harvey are starting to be seen at the gas pump, with random shortages emerging at gas stations from Houston to Waco to Grand Prairie, and a likely increase in prices that could extend across the country.
2. Plano's Legacy West adds novel bookstore eatery and 12 new shops. Plano shopping and dining mega-center Legacy West has signed on more than a dozen new stores and restaurants, set to open in the fall. Among the openings are the largest food hall in North Texas and new concepts from Barnes & Noble and Starbucks.
3. New downtown Dallas restaurant will devote entire room to indoor farm. The new downtown Dallas restaurant Bullion, from former Mansion on Turtle Creek chef Bruno Davaillon, opens in October with a feature you won't find at other restaurants in town: an indoor farm.
4. How to get every possible discount at the 2017 State Fair of Texas. The 2017 State Fair of Texas starts its 24-day run at Fair Park on Friday, September 29. For many, the fair is an annual ritual, a segue from summer to fall, and a touchstone of life in Texas. For us, it's all about the discounts. Call us cheap — but when State Fair time rolls around, our thoughts turn to finding the best ways to save a little cash.
5. Funnel Cake Burger wins big at State Fair of Texas Big Tex Choice Awards 2017. In a major upset, Froot Loops were completely bypassed at the 13th Annual Big Tex Awards, announced at a judging ceremony in the Tower Building on August 27. And yet, one dish won two awards: Props to the Funnel Cake Bacon Queso Burger, the big winner, earning trophies both for "Most Creative" and for "Best Taste Savory."