Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. How to get every possible discount at the 2015 State Fair of Texas. The 2015 State Fair of Texas starts its 24-day run at Fair Park on Friday, September 25. Smart fairgoers are on the hunt for any discounts or deals they can find to save a little cash.
2. Say ciao to one of Dallas' oldest and most loved restaurants. The clock is ticking on one of Dallas' oldest and most venerated restaurants. Pietro's Italian Restaurant is on the market, and it is just a lease agreement away from serving its last plate of meatballs with signature red sauce.
3. Prepare yourself for major traffic shift on downtown Dallas freeway. Traffic through downtown Dallas will likely see a speed bump beginning September 5, when a major freeway interchange shifts direction, commanding drivers who've always driven one way to drive another. The change is on I-30.
4. The 7 fall events in every young Dallas professional’s social datebook. Although local budding philanthropists get together often, these seven fall events are must-attends for any young mover and shaker on the Dallas social scene.
5. Get ready to spend your happiest hours at Uptown Dallas’ best new patio. Harwood International has a new restaurant-bar concept called Happiest Hour, described as Dallas' "largest patio bar and lounge." It opens this fall at 2501 N. Harwood St.