Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Say wow to new nonstop flights from DFW Airport to Iceland. A groovy new airline flying nonstop to Iceland is coming to Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) International Airport in 2018. The catchy WOW air will offer non-stop access to Reykjavik, Iceland, with flights going out three times per week on a seasonal basis.
2. Top 5 Dallas restaurant desserts from an insider chef. In a previous life, I was a pastry chef. I worked at the Dream Cafe from 1996-2002 and loved the free rein I had making homestyle seasonal sweets. My husband used to joke that I was the only person he knew who had dessert after lunch and after dinner. I love dessert! Good desserts. Here are my favorite desserts in Dallas.
3. This is the salary you need to buy a house in Dallas right now. Mortgage resource HSH.com has crunched the numbers to find the yearly salary needed to afford the principal, interest, taxes, and insurance payments on a median-priced home in Dallas, and it's one of the higher figures in the nation.
4. Talk of social climbing hits home on The Real Housewives of Dallas. This week’s episode of The Real Housewives of Dallas opens in … WAIT. Where are we? Are … are we in Dubai? Oh, no, sorry, that’s just Stephanie and Travis’ ridiculously ostentatious new house. You know, the one that Travis bid $5 million for without consulting Stephanie. The one with the pool in the living room.
5. Sweet new startup scores Dallas its first taste of edible cookie dough. Cookie dough has graduated from childhood pleasure to an official food group. Travel and Leisure magazine calls it "all the rage," with shops in big cities like New York and Los Angeles that are dedicated to it entirely. Of course, people stand and wait in line. Dallas joins the trend via a new company called The Dough Dough, launched by Gina Ginsburg, a familiar name in Dallas society circles who has a long track record as an entrepreneur.