Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Violet the puppy is pretty much an expert at this iPad game. It's not enough that you have to share your iPad with your kids; now you have to let your dog in on the fun as well. At least Violet the Italian greyhound is pretty entertaining to watch while gaming.
2. A 10-year-old goldfish had surgery to remove a tumor. As if we needed further proof that pets are part of the family, George the goldfish had a life-saving surgery to remove a tumor. He is expected to live 20 more years.
3. You can drink Surge again thanks to the power of the Internet. It's been 13 years since Surge was sold on store shelves. But true devotees never gave up on the green soda making a comeback. Coca-Cola execs finally took the hint and agreed to a limited release on Amazon. Bottoms up, sugar addicts.
4. How Facebook, Twitter and Blake Shelton solved a September 11 mystery. Speaking of the power of the Internet, when it's not working to bring back a cult soda brand, it's solving a national mystery. With a little help from country music star Blake Shelton, of course.
5. Divers rescue giant manta ray trapped in fishing line. When a pair of scuba divers came across a manta ray entangled in fishing line off the coast of the Bat Islands, they did what any kind-hearted ocean visitors would — they cut the line. Once freed, the giant sea creature appears to do a back flip of glee to thank his rescuers.