Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Fixer Upper star wants to tell the story you don’t get on the HGTV show. In advance of his local appearance, we chatted with Waco carpenter Clint Harp about the wild ride he and his wife have been on — and the stuff you don’t see on TV.
2. Real Housewives of Dallas gets another shot with second season. In what is surely exhilarating news for local reality TV fans, Real Housewives of Dallas is returning for a second season. A source involved with the production confirms that the show is definitely coming back, with some likely cast changes.
3. A Mexican bakery is turning out Dallas’ best vegan tacos. The best new vegan food in Dallas is coming from a place you’d probably never expect: El Palote Panadería, a Mexican bakery in southeast Dallas.
4. The 7 fall events in every Dallas young professional’s social datebook. Not all Dallas young professionals spend their fall frolicking at tailgates and cheering on their college alma maters. Okay, maybe they do, but they also get gussied up to do a whole lot of good for the community.
5. Renovated homes like this one in hot Oak Cliff area don't last long. A professionally rehabbed cottage with magazine-worthy style, in an enviable location, with a price around $250,000 — no wonder it’s already under contract.