Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. These 5 sneaky new Dallas restaurants have opened oh so quietly. CultureMap Dallas stays up night and day so that no important restaurant opening slips through the cracks. And yet somehow, restaurant openings happen, undetected. Here are five new restaurants that have opened quietly in the past week.
2. NBA player tragically found shot near his home in East Dallas. Andre Emmett, a former NBA player and former All-Star player for Texas Tech, was killed in a shooting near his East Dallas home early on September 23.
3. State Fair of Texas 2019 issues yet-another wave of crazy fried foods. The State Fair of Texas keeps ramping up its focus on food, and the 2019 rendition takes it to the next level. The fair has 18 new crazy, wacky, wild, can-you-believe-this, OMG concessions ranging from fried energy bites to fried potato salad.
4. Dallas' Preston Center lands a delectable deli from West Texas chef. A revered West Texas restaurant is expanding to Dallas: Called PV Deli, it's a spinoff of the much-loved San Angelo restaurant Peasant Village and will open in Preston Center, at 6130 Berkshire Ln., in what was previously a Marble Slab Creamery.
5. Uber will begin testing self-driving cars in downtown Dallas. If you're walking around downtown, you'll probably want to look both ways. Uber will begin testing self-driving cars in downtown Dallas in November.